In Case of Emergency...

Emergency Numbers

Police, fire or medical emergency: 999 or 112 for if:

  • someone is seriously ill or injured and their life is at risk
    [ medical emergencies include: if someone is having a heart attack or stroke; loss of consciousness; an acute confused state; fits that are not stopping; persistent, severe chest pain; breathing difficulties; severe bleeding that cannot be stopped; severe allergic reactions; severe burns or scalds ]
  • someone is in immediate danger, or there is a risk of serious damage to property
  • there is a traffic collision involving injury or danger to other road users
  • a crime is happening right now
  • a suspect for a serious crime is nearby
  • also for coastguard, cliff rescue, mountain rescue, cave rescue etc.

Police (non-emergency): 101 for if:

  • your car has been stolen
  • your property has been damaged
  • you suspect drug use or dealing in your neighbourhood
  • you need to give the police information about crime in your area
  • you need to speak to the police about a general enquiry.

NHS (non-emergency): 111 for if:

  • you need medical help fast but it's not a 999 emergency (as detailed above)
  • you think you need to go to A&E or need another NHS urgent care service
  • you don't know who to call or you don't have a GP to call
  • you need health information or reassurance about what to do next.

Corwen doctor's surgery: 01490 412362

Dental out-of-hours emergency: 0845 46 47 (NHS Direct Wales, 24/7)

Burst water main (Welsh Water): 0800 281 432 (24/7)

Sewerage problems (Welsh Water): 0800 085 3968 (24/7)

Water supply issues (Welsh Water): 0800 052 0130 (24/7)

Smell gas? (National Gas Emergency Service): 0800 111 999 (24/7)

No electricity? 105 (national help line, 24/7) or 0800 001 5400 (SP Energy Networks)

Phone dead? Click this button > Report a BT fault

Did you know...

An emergency defibrillator can be found in the porch of St Tysilio's Church. More information about its use will be published here once we find out ourselves.

Church Defibrillator


The emergencySMS service lets deaf, hard of hearing and speech-impaired people in the UK send an SMS text message to the UK 999 service where it will be passed to the police, ambulance, fire rescue, or coastguard. Simply by sending an SMS message to 999 you can call for help and the emergency services will be able to reply to you.

You will need to register your mobile phone before using the emergencySMS service, click on the link below for more information.

Registering your phone